Friday 22 June 2012

Interview: Bedlams Tiana Benjamin talks EastEnders, Strictly and her time in Hogwarts


Interview: Bedlam's Tiana Benjamin talks EastEnders, Strictly and her time in Hogwarts

She's best known for playing the mouth almighty soap character Chelsea Fox on EastEnders, but now Tiana Benjamin, 27, is back on the Sky Living supernatural show Bedlam. She's also in cinemas right now in the acclaimed brit flick Fast Girls and here she exclusively tells us about her new role, wanting to do Strictly Come Dancing and having her body double when she starred in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire…

Tell us a bit about your character Rita on Bedlam…

Basically she's due to get married, but in the first five minute she's already shagging Dan (Nikesh Patel) so she's got some serious morality issues! But as it's Bedlam, there's a ghost that starts haunting her because the ghost really values monogamy and marriage. I loved it, and it was great to work with Lacey Turner again.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

No, but I have seen lots of psychics. It's been a bit of a mixed bag. Sometimes they've been really accurate other times you could probably take what they say and apply it to a random waiting at a bus stop. But I am very scared of the spiritual world and I definitely believe in ghosts so it was fun to do something different.

Do you miss playing Chelsea on EastEnders?

I do. She was so wild and unpredictable and there were so many different turns she took. She was very promiscuous and in your face, which was fun to do as obviously that isn't what I'm like in real life! I'm definitely a strong lady, what you see is what you get. But with Chelsea she went that little bit further!

You're in the cinemas right now in Fast Girls, how was it?

I'm really proud of it because it's a UK urban film but it's not just about guns and violence, it's really uplifting and happy.

How do you stay in shape?

I used to dance a lot! I tried a pole-dancing class once, but I didn't continue with that. I find the gym really boring and dancing in so much fun. In fact, out of all the reality shows I think Strictly Come Dancing is the more credible so it would be great to do it if the timing was right.

Who are your famous friends?

I don't like to differentiate between my famous friends and 'normal' friends! But I'm still in touch with Lacey Turner from EastEnders and Emma Watson from when I was in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.

What did you love most about Harry Potter?

Getting to know everyone! Because everyone was so young and had to do school in between the film actually took nine months to make. I got on really well with Daniel Radcliffe and Emma. It was funny, there was a real boy/girl divide with the cast because that's what it's like at that age. I was 19 and Emma and I got on well because she was so mature and I think she was glad to have another female in the cast. She's doing amazingly well now. Out of everything I've done that was the most I've ever been looked after, I had a body double and a stand-in and everything!

What's next for you?

I'd love to do more movies and see what happens. My dreams is to work with Idris Elba and Tom Hardy!

Bedlam is on at 10pm on Sky Living this Sunday.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment