Tuesday 24 July 2012

Labrinth has BIG collaboration plans and he has shared them with us!


Labrinth has BIG collaboration plans – and he has shared them with us!

 

We have a massive soft spot for singer-songwriter Labrinth. There's no doubt this man has more talent in his left thumb than most wannabe-artists these days – and what's more, he's embracing his new-found fame in a very modest (and rather hot) way.

So you can imagine how excited we were when he shared his plans for his next album, including the big-named stars he wants to work with. And for the good of our own iPod playlists, we really hope this happens!

"I want to work with Bjork," Lab told us. "I've vowed to myself I'll work with her and it'll be one of the best records I've ever made.

"The other person I'd work with is Dave Grohl [from the Foo Fighters]. He's a proper ledge. I know how to make music his way and I know how to do it my way, so I'd get in the studio and see what happens. I know the moment will come!"

We'd like to see this moment too – Labrinth and Dave Grohl (above) in the same picture frame? Our eyes might explode from seeing too much fit in one place.

Despite his plans to work with the super-famous, Labrinth also told us he makes a conscious effort to stay out of the press, commenting that he's not too good at the showbiz side of the job because he's not a good actor (ooh, burn).

He admitted, "I hate the showbiz side of [the industry], I'm not good acting. Everybody who does that stuff loves to play up to the cameras but I just can't do that, I need to be myself. I say it comes with territory but I'm about the music, it's not my style."

The man makes a good point. And he makes good music. So we're not complaining at all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment