Thursday 7 June 2012

Cheryl Cole: I dont find singing easy


It's no secret that Cheryl Cole has had her fair share of grief when it comes to being accused of miming through performances – and even at Monday's Jubilee Concert, she got a lot of stick on Twitter for singing live (jeez, the poor girl can't win whatever she does), but in a new and very honest interview, Chezza has revealed that she doesn't find the whole art of singing easy anyway… and frankly, she doesn't think she should.

Speaking to Pop Justice, the starlet commented, "I don't think singing is supposed to be easy. It's supposed to come from your emotions."

The former Girls Aloud singer then went on to discuss how artists shouldn't be thought less of if they don't write their own music.

"I don't care that I didn't write it," she said honestly. "I just appreciate other people's talents. I didn't grow up listening to songs thinking, 'Well, they didn't write it'. I loved those songs because they were great sings and that's still how I feel when I'm making my music."

 

Cheryl also opened up about her solo career success saying she owes it all to will.i.am.
"It was actually him that convinced me to do a solo record. I never would have done a solo record without him," she admitted.

"At the time, I would have had a family. At the time I was still married! But it was actually Will saying to us, 'You know you're going to do a solo record, right?', and I was saying, 'I don't want to, not yet'. And he was like, 'I think you should. You need to'.

Well, as they say the rest is history and if it wasn't for The Voice coach, we wouldn't be getting so excited about Chez's new album A Million Lights coming out in 10 days. Praise be, will.i.am. You did good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment