Thursday 31 May 2012

heat takes a Liberty with Hollyoaks' Abi Phillips


heat takes a Liberty with Hollyoaks' Abi Phillips

Although Abi Phillips is just as bubbly as her Hollyoaks character, she's a bit more clued up than dopey Liberty Savage. We caught up with her ahead of Hollyoaks' Enchanted Forest festival special.

Who's your favourite person to work with on the Hollyoaks set?

I don't have a specific person - I love working with my family (the Savages). We get on great, but Danny (Mac) and James (Atherton) literally just bully me because of my accent. My dad (Dirk Savage) and we just get on great. And then there's Joe (Tracini, who plays Dennis Savage) – he's sarcastic, so it's just really funny and I really enjoy working with them.

Why do Danny and James take the mickey out of your accent?

Because it's Brummie! It's like Awllriiiighhht!

What's the best thing about being in Hollyoaks?

It's the experiences you get. I'm learning so much. I never used to any acting, but I'm learning how to do different things and I'm meeting so many interesting people and I get to see how things work. Everyone's really lovely to each other and I get to sing as well which is good.

Are you singing in the festival episode?

This time it isn't me who saves the day…so you're going to have to watch and see who does! What type of music have you got coming up? I've got a lot of songs. There's fast ones, there's ones taking the mick out of people who told me that I can't do things. They're quite funny. And I've got Adele-ish numbers - I've started learning the guitar and I've got a lot of ballads in there.

What's your funniest festival moment?

Ages ago, I had a really really rubbish phone at a festival in Spain. This guy came up to me and was like 'Give me your phone'. Because it was so crap I just gave it to him and was like 'Yeah, sure'. He looked at it and was like 'Actually you can have it back'! I'm going to my first proper festival this year – Creamfields. That should be good.

What storylines are coming up for Liberty?

We've got a massive storyline about the caravan. It's so funny because my character is such a dope and she doesn't think about what she's saying. We've got this massive festival stuff coming up, too!

What type of storylines would you like to have?

My brothers are so overprotective of me – I'd really like my character to go a bit wild on the boy front. It would get so many people in trouble and they you'd get to learn what the family's about. It'll be cool to see why they're like that as well.

Also, you'd get to get off with loads of fit people…

Yeah, that's cool! [lots of giggles].

Find out what fate awaits Liberty in the Enchanted Forest festival special of Hollyoaks on Channel 4 at 6.30pm on Friday 8 June. Also make sure you're on heatworld.com to catch heat4, our exclusive live web show.

We'll have Jessica Forrest, Danny Mac and James Atherton on the sofa with Will Best and Lucie Cave!

0 comments:

Post a Comment